City of Maitland
As part of ACi Architects‘ 13-year continuing Development Management and Community Master Planning services for the City of Maitland, ACi Architects planned and co-created (within Maitland Downtown’s CRA) a new horizontal “mixed-use town district” to stimulate new private investment and increase the City’s declining tax base. The scope of ACi’s work with the city also includes A/E Program Management, Facility Programming, Town Planning, Design and Architecture for a New City Hall, Public Green, New Public Facilities and a New Police/Fire Station. The total project costs for Phase 1A is $30 million. The cost includes a new 40,000 GSF city hall, a 26,000 GSF public safety complex, a 730-car parking garage anda 90,000 GSF public park space for civic and cultural uses.
ACi Architects is also working closely with the city in planning Maitland Station, a new transit station funded primarily by the private sector by integrating the station with mixed-use development and structured parking garage. Elements will include new public access from U.S. Highway 17-92 with public parking for 250 cars, a new parking garage and a new platform station.
- Public Engagement Process for Community Guidance/Approvals
- Public-Private Targeted Investment Strategy
- Placemaking Concepts for Lake Lily, Maitland Arts & History Centers, Stormwater Lake Implementation of$100M Multi-family, Live-Work, Retail, Parking Garages
- Planning/Design Standards
- Increased Comprehensive Plan Densities
- Architecture/Engineering Services
- Public Buildings Program Manager/Design Criteria for New City Hall, Fire/Police Stations
- Developer Submittals Review/Evaluation
- City/FDOT approved Transit Oriented Development MasterPlan
- TOD Implementation of New Office Building
“ACi Architects has successfully met our challenged in a multitude of capacities of building designs community design, as town architect and a general consultant providing design value, program management and project delivery.”
– Douglas Kinson, Former Mayor, City of Maitland